Choosing between a rustic or boho wedding
Image source: Stennack Farm Weddings
With so much inspiration for wedding themes and decor choices, a combination of rustic and boho weddings are becoming increasingly common. Couples that tend to opt for the rustic or boho themes are likely to be inspired by natural and organic elements. Within this blog, we will explore the differences between the two styles helping to keep you on track with your theme or pick and choose features of each.
A rustic themed wedding
Outdoor ceremonies and barn reception venues provide the perfect backdrop for a rustic wedding. Nature-inspired textures along with a natural colour palette create a romantic, cosy atmosphere, think Champagne, Lavender, Peach, with lots of greenery from grasses and foliage.
Photographer: Emily Black Photography.
If you’re dreaming of a rustic wedding you’re probably going to need some, if not all the rustic wedding decor and accessories listed here:
- Weathered wood, chipped furniture and worn pieces are essential to set the rustic theme.
- Exposed wood tables dressed with a rough linen table runner and mismatched glassware, flowers and candles for simple table decor.
- Earthy green and white floral arrangements – think large white flowers, such as Peonies or White Scabiosa, coupled with the soft green hue of eucalyptus.
- Wooden tree log slice to sit a naked wedding cake lightly dusted with icing sugar and decorated with flowers and foliage.
- Incorporate vintage metal buckets and wooden crates filled with flowers, drinks, snacks, wedding favours, or blankets.
- Enhance focal points with loosely draped greenery from beams, stepladders, or lights.
A boho wedding theme
Image source: The Secret Garden Kent
Boho or Bohemian weddings theme suits the free-spirited couple who want to incorporate an effortless, elegant style teamed with a creative colour palette, patterns and soft materials for a romantic feel.
Embrace a vibrant colour scheme with saffron, ruby, bright pink, magenta and golden yellow, perfect for a green setting. If you’re planning a boho beach wedding, add colour through gorgeous pops of amethyst, turquoise and jade.
Style your boho wedding that dreams are made of with these hallmark decorative ideas to create a look that both embraces nature and luxury.
- A boho essential is the Flower Crown to replace or work alongside the traditional veil. Create a statement piece or a dainty crown, just don’t miss out on the boho signature look.
- Decorate your tables with soft linen paired with jam jar posies or terrariums bursting with air plants and greenery
- Greenhouses create a light filled, vintage backdrop, ideal to fill with draping greenery for a lush botanical garden vibe.
- Add a pinch of sparkle and a whole lot of spiritual healing with quartz to decorate your table or incorporate as name place cards.
- Create that romantic, dreamy space with macramé accents, drapes and dreamcatchers.
- For the effortless look, choose mismatched décor teamed with vintage cushions and rugs for the ultimate in boho style.